Diabetes is a chronic and multifaceted disease, caused by have too much glucose (sugar) in the blood. This happens when there is low or no insulin manufacture or rude utilization of insulin.
Hormone insulin is desirable to convert glucose in blood into energy. Diabetes can also be called as Diabetes mellitus, Blood sugar, Blood glucose, Diabetics and Diabetes.
If you have found your way to this page it is almost certainly because you are searching for everything there is to know about diabetes. Knowledge is power. You have questions and you need answers to have power over this chronic disease.
The diseases which are listed under Diabetes Mellitus are many with the most common being Type-1 diabetes and Type-2 diabetes.
These are diseases of the metabolic system and involve the body's ability in metabolizing sugar using the hormone insulin. Insulin helps the cells use the simple sugar glucose which is needed for repair, development and energy.
Symptoms of Diabetes
1. Increased fatigue: Due to inefficiency of the cell to metabolize glucose, reserve fat of body is metabolized to gain energy. When fat is broken down in the body, it uses more energy as compared to glucose; hence body goes in negative calorie effect, which results in fatigue.
2. Polydipsia: As the attentiveness of glucose increases in the blood, brain receives signal for diluting it and, in its counteraction we feel thirsty.
3. Irritability: It is a sign of high blood sugar because of the incompetent glucose supply to the brain and other body organs, which make us, feel tired and uneasy.
4. Infections : The body gives few signals whenever there is fluctuation in blood sugar (due to suppression of immune system) by recurrent skin infections like fungal or bacterial or UTI (urinary tract infection).
Treatment of Diabetes
The major goal in treating diabetes is to curtail any elevation of blood sugar (glucose) without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar. Type 1 diabetes is treated with insulin, exercise, and a diabetic diet.
Type 2 diabetes is treated first with weight reduction, a diabetic diet, and exercise. When these measures fail to control the eminent blood sugars, oral medications are used.
Home Remedies for Diabetes
1. Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave during the night. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effectual home remedy for diabetes
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
3. Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
4. Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
5. Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
6. Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Read more on Diabetes and Karela for Diabetes and Swami Ramdev Yoga for Diabetes