Diabetes is a chronic and complex disease, caused by having too much glucose (sugar) in the blood.
This happens when there is low or no insulin production or improper utilization of insulin.
Hormone insulin is needed to convert glucose in blood into energy. Diabetes can also be called as Diabetes mellitus, Blood sugar, Blood glucose, Diabetics and Diabetes.
Diabetes is a condition when the pancreas in the human body fails to produce insulin. Incidentally, insulin is the hormone that converts the sugar in the food into energy.
Insufficient secretion of insulin by pancreas results in excess glucose level in the bloodstream, resulting in diabetes.
When our food is digested the glucose makes its way into our bloodstream. Our cells use the glucose for energy and growth.
However, glucose cannot enter our cells without insulin being present - insulin makes it possible for our cells to take in the glucose.
Take a raw mango and Indian plum in equal amounts. Now, extract juice from it. Mix the juices together.
Drink this three times a day for a month. This natural treatment for diabetes is beneficial in bringing the blood sugar level down.
You can also try another thing that you can boil 3-4 fresh leaves of mango tree in the morning and drink. It is also very effecting in curing diabetes.
Causes of Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus occurs when the pancreas doesn't make an adequate amount of or any of the hormone insulin, or when the insulin fashioned doesn't work successfully.
In diabetes, this causes the height of glucose in the blood to be too high.
1. Hereditary and genetics factors
2. Infections caused by viruses
5. Increased cholesterol level
6. High carbohydrate diet
Symptoms of Diabetes
1. Voracious thirst and extreme fluid intake (medically termed as Polydipsia)
2. Increased hunger / appetite (Polyphagia) and longing for sugar
3. Excessive urination and recurrent trips to toilet - (Polyuria) - especially at night
4. Unusual weight loss
5. Exhaustion / weariness with tremours
Treatment of Diabetes
The major goal in treating diabetes is to reduce any elevation of blood sugar (glucose) without causing unusually low levels of blood sugar.
Type 1 diabetes is treated with insulin, exercise, and a diabetic diet. Type 2 diabetes is treated first with weight reduction, a diabetic diet, and keep fit.
When these measures fail to control the prominent blood sugars, oral medications are used.
Home Remedies for Diabetes
1. Crush together the tender leaves of margosa (neem) and bael (bilva) and make into small balls. Take 2 to 4 of these balls along with warm water in the daybreak on an empty stomach.
2. Pound the seeds of bitter gourd (karela) and take 3 to 5 grams of the powder two times along with warm water.
Alternatively, extract the juice by grind fresh bitter gourd. Take this juice on an empty stomach. This is an efficient home remedy for diabetes
3. Prepare a juice of night jasmine (parijataka) and bael (bilva) leaves taken in equal parts. Take two teaspoons of this juice twice a day to help reduce glucose levels.
4. Bael (bilva) has the possessions of lowering the blood sugar levels and reducing excessive urination.
Take approx. 20 ml of the juice extract from bael leaves on an empty stomach.